So I’ve been thinking about how serious my posts have been lately, and I figured I’m going to write something real smooth this time. Wait wait. My article hasn’t started yet.
Hola Gentleman (and ladies) !
Describe women with one word. What’s the first word that crosses your mind?
Come on. Think about it just for a second will ya?
- If you are a regular man this is probably what you were thinking, “Complicated”.
- If you are an irregular (😂) man these are what you would have come up with, “Feisty, Sensitive, Bossy, Hormonal, Pushy, Clingy, High-maintenance 😒” and a hundred more along those lines.
- If you are a lazy man, “Is there even one word you can describe them with?”
- If you are a hopeless romantic, “Loving, Caring, Sweet, Kind, Adorable, Charming, Admirable, Supportive, Exquisite”. (Yes, I can go on and on cuz I’ve got a million nice ways to describe myself. 😉)
Take a look at that list of words. Oh my! I think due to the excessive ways of describing a woman, the best would be ‘Complicated’. *Round of applause for all the regular men out there*
The only things a woman really needs are food, water and shelter. However because women are so complicated they ‘want’ a lot of things from their man (other than love, respect and support of-course). I’m going to help you poor clueless souls just a little bit. Thank me later.
Let’s start with the most serious stuff. Take this list very seriously.
- Make her feel safe – She really does feel like the safest place in the world is in your arms. Hug her. Ask her to close her eyes. Whisper something in her ear, something comforting, something she’ll like to hear (mean what you say – she’ll know if you don’t). She’ll start listening to your heartbeat and she’ll feel safe immediately. Yes, it’s that easy. Why is it that you still figure out a way to make her feel not safe?
- Be honest – Don’t lie to her. Lying is the easiest way to create some tension between the two of you. This doesn’t mean you have to be brutally honest. For instance, if she’s having a bad day and she looks terrible and she asks you “Do I look bad?” , she’s asking that not for you to tell her, “Yes, you do”. She already knows that.
- Acknowledge her – Show her how important she is to you. (She wants to be one of the most important people in your life – the most important in fact.) Trust her completely. Appreciate everything she does. See her as an equal in everything (you could even see her a little bit higher than that, she’ll love it). Have your eyes only on her. She knows she’s not the most beautiful woman in the world, she’s not stupid. However, she does want to be the most beautiful woman in the world in your eyes.
This list you could take slightly less seriously (at your own expense),
- Be a good laugh.
- Surprise her from time to time.
- Say ‘I love you’ whenever you feel it.
- Don’t be too insecure.
- Give her any space she needs.
- Tell her she’s beautiful.
- Never forget her birthday (including her parents, her siblings) and anniversaries.
- Respect her privacy.
- Be protective of her.
- Make an effort with her friends. (Don’t you dare interpret this wrongly.)
- Laugh at her jokes (even if they aren’t all so funny).
- Like her cooking better than your mums (or pretend, if it’s that bad).
- Be happy for her to spend time with her girlfriends.
- Don’t wait for her to apologize after an argument.
- Love her mum almost as much as she does.
Here’s a funny list of ‘things your woman wants from you’ I found on the internet. 😁
(Disclaimer – I did not create this list.)
3. Financially successful
4. A caring listener
6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
10. An imaginative, romantic lover
1. Nice looking (preferably with hair)
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at her jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
10. Seeks romance at least once a week
1. Not too ugly (bald head is fine)
2. Doesn’t drive off until I’m in the car
3. Works steady – splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I’m talking
5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down
10. Shaves most weekends
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn’t belch or scratch in public
3. Doesn’t borrow money too often
4. Doesn’t nod off to sleep when I’m venting
5. Doesn’t re-tell the same joke too many times
6. Is in good enough shape to get off couch on weekends
7. Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
8. Appreciates a good TV dinner
9. Remembers her name on occasion
10. Shaves some weekends
1. Doesn’t scare small children
2. Remembers where the bathroom is
3. Doesn’t require much money for upkeep
4. Only snores lightly when asleep
5. Remembers why he’s laughing
6. Is in a good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Likes soft foods
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
10. Remembers that it’s the weekend
2. Doesn’t miss the toilet
On a more serious note –
The best advice?
Be sincere. Do anything and everything you want to do for her, but make sure you do it sincerely. Don’t pretend. Don’t meddle with her feelings. Remember – She is not a game. Warning – Treat her like a game, she’ll show you how it’s played.