The Earth is not dying, it’s being killed.
What is global warming? It’s one of the most vexing environmental issues of our time. The Earth’s surface, oceans and the atmosphere is gradually heating up. Why is this a problem?
- Melting of the polar ice caps – Rising of the sea level.
- More frequent and severe weather – Floods, floods and more floods.
- Air pollution.
- Higher death rates.
- Higher wildlife extinction rates.
Is that not enough of a list of problems? Why is global warming only taught to us in schools? These are the kind of things that should go viral in the internet.
So what can we do to save our only home?
Here’s 15 ways how to prevent killing our Earth –
- Speak up – Spread the message about global warming and why it’s so important to prevent it.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle – This step is the solution to almost any environmental issue.
- Power yourself, your homes with renewable energy – Use less energy, or if that’s very difficult to do, use renewable energy.
- Reduce heating and air-conditioning – It uses at least half of home energy. You can make your space more energy efficient by sealing drafts and ensuring it’s adequately insulated.
- Change your light bulbs – Use better light bulbs. LED lightbulbs use up to 80 percent less energy than conventional incandescents. They are also cheaper in the long run.
- Drive less, walk more – This is not only saving the Earth, it also keeps you fit. If you have to use a vehicle, use a fuel efficient vehicle.
- Charge your phone with a solar powered hybrid battery charger.
- Diaper your baby in soft, easy to wash, cloth diapers.
- Eat and drink local produce.
- Turn your yard into a wildlife preserve.
- Wear organic or fair trade clothes.
- Donate everything you can to resell shops.
- Take your own water bottle/coffee mug.
- Build an eco house or build eco into your existing house.
- Plant a tree.
Think globally, act locally.
Cheers to trying help save the world!