Attention new bloggers! 👥
Most of you by now may have read a number of blogs about blogging. Why do I know that? I’ve been reading some as well. The first blog which popped up to my ‘reader’ was about blogging. And of course most of you might have googled ‘how to make your blog interesting’ just as I have.
With an understanding that you and I both know all them tips by heart, I’ll just make my message very short. Oh wait! Now that I think about it, there may be people who aren’t familiar with these tips, so I’ll help them out just a bit. Bear with me, the all knowing.
- Be genuine.
- Determine the purpose of your blog, and stick with it.
- Don’t be boring, make sure your blog has great content.
- Post regularly.
- Mix it up a bit. Try out a new type of content every month.
- Neither too short, nor too long – Make it just right.
- Post on weekdays, your readers are less likely to be online on weekends. 😉 (That’s a neat trick.)
- Make sure your content is SEO-friendly. Beginner’s Guide to SEO
- Use social media.
- Make your blog visually interesting.
- Don’t worry about the numbers. It’s always better to have followers (even a few) who are very keen about your blog.
- Be part of the blogging world.
That’s pretty much it.
Is it though?
Nah uh. It isn’t.
Behold.. The greatest tip of all time! (It’s not as great as I make it seem but here goes..)
ENJOY YOURSELF! Period! Enjoy writing! Enjoy sharing your thoughts! Heck, even enjoy pressing that ‘publish’ button. Just enjoy everything about it! Why is this so important? Because, at the end of a long tiring day, that’s what you’ll get back from blogging. Happiness. Pure joy.
I do understand how important it is that you make your blog matter to your readers. But it’s your blog, make it matter to you first! Then you can worry about the others.
Happy joyous blogging! 😇